Thursday, April 7, 2011

Denver Bound Tomorrow

I think almost everyone I know in Denver took the day off to go to the Colorado Rockies opening day.

Close to 50,000 fans were there- that's a whole lot of people who probably took the day off too.

Denver is one of my favorite cities, behind NYC.

There's not much to dislike about a place that has more sunny days then any other state.
The economy is a bit more steady, more people are college-educated (hence the stronger economy), it's a great place to grow up, and the people are super nice!

I absolutely love my trips home. I get to spend lots of time with people that REALLY know me. I like that feeling and knowing how hard it is to coordinate schedules between working, family, etc. But I always get to see everyone and that makes me so so happy.

I think about moving back often and wonder what it would be like. It would be nice have people around that you grew up with again.

I have met some nice people living in San Antonio, Austin, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, but nothing compared to the friendships I have formed in Denver. I suppose it's also because a bulk of my time has been spent living in very transient cities and several people I did become close to moved away or I moved.

I always look forward to my trips, but this one is especially meaningful to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment