Sunday, November 20, 2011

Trader Joe's Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage

I'm pretty comfortable shopping at Trader Joe's for the same things every week.

It's easy, I don't have to make a list and I know where everything is. I can be in and out in 20 minutes for a week's worth of food.

I had some more time last week and decided to wander around.

This is very dangerous for me since my eyes seem to wander at every little item that contains sky high amounts of sugar and fat aka the chocolate aisle.

And then crazy things happen. These random little sweet things end up in my cart.

I always buy chicken breast, ground turkey and chicken sausage. I stick to familiar flavors and brands, but my dinner menu needed some spice - literally.

I picked up a new flavor of the spicy jalapeno chicken sausage and I have to say that it was absolutely amazing. I had it grilled, which I think is probably the best way to do it since I think it brings out the flavor.

They are only 3.99 for 5 links and they are minimally processed.

They don't contain gluten or MSG and are only a hundred calories each, so you can eat more than one. Or two.

These are now going to become a weekly staple.

...Until next time I have some extra time to wander.








No comments:

Post a Comment