Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Problem


There are two groups of people around this time of year.

People who love anything and everything pumpkin and people who just don't understand..

Every single year I have quite the pumpkin addiction.

I want everything pumpkin.

From oatmeal, smoothies, lattes, to pies, cookies, breads and cream cheese - did I miss anything?

I have something pumpkin pretty much every day. A little overboard perhaps?

Here's my favorite pumpkin smoothie recipe ~

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 frozen banana (I don't always have it)
1/4 cup of rolled oats (eliminate this option if you want it low-carb)
I scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (you can use pumpkin pie spice instead)
2 or 3 handfuls of ice cubes

The trick for extra creaminess is making sure you blend it for about a minute and start with 2 handfuls of ice cubes and add more if you'd like. Protein powders that have xantham gum also make it more creamy.





No comments:

Post a Comment