Friday, March 25, 2011

Best Brownies!


Dessert is at the top of my list of my favorite things in life.

I can easily go without chips, breads and dips or anything salty in order have (a big) dessert.
It really marks the end of the meal for me so I have a few pieces of chocolate after lunch or dinner or both.
I tend to stay away from baking at home, especially because I have a very nice neighbor who loves to bake and sends me home with goodies more often than I can count.

When I do bake, it's brownies. Some of the mixes I have tried are Ghirardelli, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury and Duncan Hines. I have yet to try gluten-free or organic, but right now I am stuck on Canterbury Naturals Brownie Mix. It even has the perfect amount of chocolate chips inside. Just add butter (I use Smart Balance Light) and 2 eggs (organic or cage free).
After having these I haven't been able to go back to using other brands.

I haven't shared these with anyone, mostly because it's an 8x8 pan and we eat it within hours.

Tonight I am bringing it over to a friends house. I think more people should know how yummy these are!

I still have a couple boxes at home, but when I run out I'm going to try the Williams Sonoma mix.

They are available on Amazon.com and sometimes at a Home Goods near you. A 6-pack is 23.94 and sometimes are on sale for less.

I will let you know what our friends thought..

No comments:

Post a Comment