Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SnAcK TiMe


I love to eat. All the time. I have breakfast for dinner and chocolate for breakfast. Not all the time. But I eat whatever, whenever.

I have never been a picky eater, mostly because I had to eat what was placed in front of me for 18 years...not a bad thing, but not necessarily good either because I haven't met a food I don't like and it's just very difficult for me to say no even when I'm not hungry.

The most important thing I have learned about eating is to exercise portion control. It really allows you to satisfy your sweet or salt cravings in small amounts and that way you don't over eat when you have meals. I know that when I get super hungry (I am mean), I go to the fridge about 1o times. That is not a good thing for me or my waistline.

I try really hard not to keep many processed foods in the house, but sometimes if I don't keep some then I end up going overboard on ice cream or cookies when I am out and about. So it's good to keep a little I think.

Here's a little list of the foods I eat in between meals:

Nuts- Almonds are my favorite and I usually make my own trailmix with dried cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips

String Cheese- Try to make it organic if you can

Carrots, Celery, or Peppers

Yogurt- It's almost always low-fat or no fat plain greek, but it can get boring so sometimes I add fruit (frozen mango chunks or berries are great) or sometimes organic cocoa powder

Turkey Slices

Tuna

Pumpkin Seeds

Hard Boiled Eggs

Luna Bars

Zone Bars- These are my backup as I really love the Chocolate Mint flavor, but these have to much stuff I can't pronounce

Barbara's Bakery Cinnamon Puffins Cereal- I try not to eat much cereal because of the additives, but this one is not too bad if I need something crunchy and sweet, you can get this at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods

Mini Whole Wheat Crackers- I get these at Trader Joe's

Popcorn- I get the white cheddar from Trader Joe's...it is SO good

Almond or Peanut Butter- I like to spread it on crackers or have it with veggies

Hummus- Trader Joe's has a great spicy flavor

Smoothies with Protein, Flaxeeds or Chia Seeds, Almond Milk or Coconut Milk and Fruit; I sometimes have this as a meal replacement and add a little bit more ingredients to like yogurt or extra fruit.

I am always looking to add to my list and I try to keep it low sugar and high protein as much as possible so please let me know if you guys have any other ideas!


















No comments:

Post a Comment