Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale July 15...and my Favorite Deodorant



Has it really been a month since I've posted!?!

Time seems to be going so quickly these days and I have had a very busy month. Thankfully things are slowing down so I can get back to what is truly important like shopping and blogging.

In all seriousness, I miss it when I don't do it.

It is no secret that Nordstrom is my go-to store for anything and everything under the sun. I even like their cafe on the 3rd floor for lunch and many times plan my shopping trips around eating.

This is normal right???

This is by far my favorite month. Not because I get to celebrate my birthday, but because the sales at Nordstrom this time of year are out of control. I tend to stock up on lotion, deodorant, gloss, etc in the cosmetics department. Unfortunately, most shoes I like never go on sale so I don't waste my time there and I love to look at the handbags, but I find that my favorite brands don't go on sale either and I'm not one to branch out in the accessory area. They say looking can lead to buying, but not if you know what you need and make a LIST and stick to it.

Today I went to stock up on deodorant. Who the heck buys deodorant at Nordstrom?? For the longest time I had no idea that you could until I tried Donna Karan Cashmere Mist about a year ago. I don't remember who told me about it, but I think they have it strategically placed by the registers sometimes and I may have gotten hooked that way.
It is fantastic, smells great, and reasonably priced. They are $12 each ($18 at Sephora), but they have a trio for $32 during the sale. And did you know that if you are a cardholder you can shop a few days before so you have priority?
Bulk items actually run out quickly since they tend to bulk items that are in in high demand. Feel free to read reviews online about the deodorant, it gets 5 out of 5 stars!

Today I was taken behind a pretty white curtain in the cosmetic department. It's a bit strange I'll admit, but you have to accompanied by an associate and have to be a cardholder.

Did that make my feel special? Not reeaalllly, but a little bit.









No comments:

Post a Comment