Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Heartbreaker Bentley


How do you think they cast the 25 lucky men that get out of the limo during the first episode?

They interview hundreds, if not over a thousand guys for the show, and it's not just one interview, it's several.

Different personalities equal good TV right? They like guys whose personalities clash, they like guys who are into themselves, they like guys who talk too much or not at all, they like guys who are silly. And by "they" I mean the producers of the show. They know exactly what to do and are doing it well with the show in it's 21st season.

I have watched the show on and off, but was never really invested in it and remembered watching Brad Womack's first time around when he didn't pick either of the last two girls- which by the way both women are planning weddings.

So I watched my very first ENTIRE season when Brad Womack got a second chance.

The two women at the end couldn't be more different in appearance and personality, but he chose the blonde that spoke minimally. (Guess that answers what guys really want...)

Sooo it didn't work out. Those who watched knew it wouldn't. She wasn't that into him and don't know why she did the show. I found her, Emily, to be a bit boring with zero inflection in her voice when she spoke about anything.
Supposedly Emily is back with her ex and the other girl, Chantal, is in a relationship with someone that is MUCH better looking that Brad Womack.

See? Women like good looks too..

The girl that is the bachelorette now, Ashley, was one of four women remaining of Brad's season and so far it's shaping up to be a quite entertaining season, largely due to a guy name Bentley.

While she's not good looking (as my boyfriend says), she seems sincere and fun. I don't know why I am watching this season...I actually think the guys are making it good. (And there's not a lot of good TV during the summer).

Bentley, a divorced father, has been the talk of the show. He REALLY doesn't like Ashley. I don't think he came on the show to promote anything, I think he just came on for something to do and get a little bit of fame. He seems like an easy going guy who doesn't find Ashley attractive. I don't think he's shallow (well maybe a bit), he just knows what he likes. I can't begrudge him for that.

He is taking it up to a level that I don't appreciate, but I have laughed out loud many times. Here's some Bentley quotes, though I should warn you if you haven't been watching they are harsh (and yes I do feel bad that he is messing with her).

I do have to tell you, Ashley, that 60 percent of guys are not here for the right reasons. The reason I know that is because 60 percent of guys in America are boob guys. But her ass makes up for it, I'll tell you that.

I had the opportunity and I played everyone. That's something that's never been done before.

I've been saying from the beginning, like, she's just not my type. I'm not feeling it. I feel like it's a waste of time and it's better to just walk away, to the point where all I want to do is be on the first plane back, ASAP.

I’m gonna make Ashley cry… I hope my hair looks OK.

These tools, these freakin' idiots, they believe me.

I can tell you that 24 guys out of 25 are here for the right reasons.

It's, like, she's such a standout. She's so breathtakingly beautiful that Ashley kind of looks like an ugly duckling to me.

Even if I'm not coming back, like, I still want to keep the dot dot dot there. … Dot dot dot's better than just a period.

Ashley, she's not somebody that I'm not necessarily smitten by, but definitely the type of girl that I would totally hook up with now and then.

Looking back, things could've turned out differently if the Bachelorette was Emily.

Did you know he is actually coming back during the season after he just left the show???

He told Ashley he missed his daughter and that it's time for him to go home, but really he just doesn't care and is over it. Supposedly Ashley begged producers to get him to come back...and I guess he does, but word has it it's only because he wanted a free trip to China...

No comments:

Post a Comment